It's easy to let your parliamentary candidates know how central their support for libraries is this election. Please take a moment to send them a message to let them know how important your libraries are to you and your community. It’s quick, free and easy to use WhoCanIVoteFor.co.uk to send your message today.
Please take a moment to write to your parliamentary candidates to ask them to #votelibraries
We’ve created the following example for you to use as inspiration. Please feel free to cut, paste and modify it for your constituency.
I am writing today to encourage you to clearly demonstrate your support for libraries as you stand for election. I believe that libraries transcend political parties and politics and that our librarians need stable funding to do their life-changing work well. I intend to #VoteLibraries this December.
My preferred candidate is the person who is committed to supporting:
- Increased financial support to Local Government for libraries, supporting the Local Government Association call for a fair and sustainable funding settlement;
- A long-term improvement in funding to schools, colleges and Universities, enabling learning providers to invest in their library and information professional workforce;
- Improve funding and policy for prisons, ensuring that they address prisoner education through libraries alongside the traditional ‘crime and punishment’ agenda of Government;
- Fair and sustainable funding to the Devolved Nations to ensure that devolved powers are matched by greater fiscal autonomy and sufficient resources;
- Increased funding to Health Education England (HEE) to implement the findings of the independent Topol Review, including increasing the library and knowledge specialist workforce.
I would appreciate your reply and look forward to hearing about your position on libraries.